Spring is the ideal time to remineralize the soil with all-natural rock dust, before these fast-growing beauties really take off.
If it helps, think of roses as teenagers. With the proper nutrition and in the right conditions, they will blossom right in front of your eyes!
It is not enough to rely on commercial rose foods, either. Most commercial rose products don’t provide enough of the micronutrients and trace elements that roses need to thrive. All-natural remineralizing rock dust, on the other hand, returns essential micronutrients and trace elements to the soil and makes them available to hungry rose plants all season long.
The result is healthy, beautiful blooms that last from early spring to late fall.
Here are more tips to get the growing season off to a “rosy” start:
- Choose bare root roses over container roses as they adapt better to the surrounding soil (they’re usually less expensive, too).
- Pick a spot that gets at least 8 hours of sun per day. Morning sun is best for drying moisture from the leaves and helping prevent disease.
- Dig a hole approximately 18-inches wide by 18-inches deep and make a cone of soil at the bottom. Then, add an organic fertilizer mixture—we recommend mixing Cascade Minerals Remineralizing Soil Booster with bone meal and greensand.
- Place the rose in the hole and carefully fan the roots out over the cone.
- Fill in the hole, and apply a 2-3 inch layer of mulch to deter weeds and retain moisture. Apply approximately 1 cup of Cascade Minerals Remineralizing Soil Booster to the surrounding soil. The rock dust will nourish the soil and make trace elements and minerals available to the newly planted rose at a balanced rate.
- Water well to help settle the rose’s roots. But keep in mind that roses don’t like wet feet, so make sure your soil is well-drained.
By delivering important micronutrients like iron, calcium, magnesium and manganese, Cascade Minerals Remineralizing Soil Booster helps enhance the ability of roses to absorb the macronutrients (nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium) that fertilizers provide.
Best of all, Cascade Minerals Remineralizing Soil Booster contains no synthetic chemicals or man-made additives. That means it is safe to use around your plants, children and pets when used as directed.